An Operational Rail Siding and Handling Services to Load Coal Destined to Majuba, Camden, Arnot and Tutuka Power Stations for a Period of 2 (two) Years on an “as and When” Required Basis.
Bid Number: RFP: HOAC-HO- 31108
Bid Description: The provision of an operational rail siding and handling services to load coal destined to Majuba, Camden, Arnot and Tutuka power stations for a period of 2 (two) years on an “as and when” required basis.
Name of Institution: Transnet Freight Rail.
Compulsory Briefing Session: 6 November 2019 (10H00 AM) , Inyanda house 2, 15 Girton Road, Parktown
Place where Services are required: Ogies,Witbank,Delmas,Bronkhorspruit,Belfast,Middelburg,Ermelo
Date Published: Monday, 28 October 2019
Closing Date & Time: 10H00 on Tuesday 19 November 2019
Contact Person: Mncedisi Nkumane
Email: [email protected]
Telephone number: 011 584-1073
Where bid documents can be obtained:
The bid can be downloaded from this website. www.etenders.gov.za
Alternatively, for those Bidders that require a copy from Transnet rather than downloading from the website.The bid document can be collected at: AT THE RECEPTION, TENDER ADVICE CENTRE, INYANDA HOUSE 1, GROUND FLOOR, 21 WELLINGTON ROAD, PARKTOWN, JOHANNESBURG.
Where bids should be delivered:
The Chairperson, Transnet Freight Rail Acquisition Council, Inyanda House 1, 21 Wellington Rd, Parktown, JOHANNESBURG, 2001.
A non-refundable tender fee of R250.00 is applicable per tender document.
1. Payment is to be made to:
Account Name: Transnet Freight Rail.
Account: Standard Bank.
Account Number: 203158598.
Branch code: 004805.
2. The deposit slip must reflect the RFP number and the Company Name.
3. Receipt/s to be submitted when collecting the RFP document.
4. For collection, RFP documents will only be available from Wednesday 28 October 2019 and must be collected before 15h00 on Tuesday, 5 November 2019 (NB: No tenders will be issued after this deadline).
5. If Bidders intend to download the RFP from the National Treasury eTender Publication Portal at www.etenders.gov.za, free of charge they are required to send their contact details to the following address: [email protected] or [email protected] by 15H00 on Tuesday, 05 November 2019. This is to ensure that any required communication (e.g. addenda to the RFP) in relation to this RFP reaches those intending to respond.
Transnet will not be held liable if Bidders do not respond by this date and do not receive the latest information regarding this RFP as a result thereof.
Additional Special Conditions
In terms of paragraph 3 of the NATIONAL TREASURY SCM INSTRUCTION NO 4 OF 2016/2017, which became effective on 1 AUGUST 2016,
Transnet must ensure that:
Suppliers of Transnet are registered on the Central Supplier Database [CSD] before any procurement related activities commences;
The CSD can be used as the single list of prospective suppliers for Transnet
Furthermore, according to paragraph 5.6
Transnet may only award bids to suppliers after verifying that the supplier is registered as prospective suppliers on the National Treasury Central Supplier Database.
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO BBBEE COMPANIES IN TERMS OF TRANSNET’S BBBEE POLICY.
Transnet Freight Rail urges Clients & Suppliers to report fraud/corruption at
Transnet Tip Off Hotline: 0800 003 056
Email: [email protected] : Fax Number: 0800 007 788: Freepost DN 298, Umhlanga Rocks, 4320