Conduct E-auctioning of Scrapped Assets “as and Where” Available from Various Transnet Sites for a Period of Three Years.
Bid Number: RFP HOAC - HO - 25372.
Bid Description: CONDUCT E-AUCTIONING OF SCRAPPED ASSETS “AS AND WHERE” AVAILABLE FROM VARIOUS TRANSNET SITES FOR A PERIOD OF THREE YEARS.
Name of Institution: Transnet Freight Rail.
Place where goods, works or services are required: Nationally.
Date Published: 08th November 2019.
Closing Date / Time: 28th November 2019, 10:00 am.
Contact Person: Tarryn Foster.
Email: [email protected]
Telephone number: (011) 584- 0602.
FAX Number: N/A
Where bid documents can be obtained:
Physical Address: RECEPTION, TENDER ADVICE CENTRE, INYANDA HOUSE 1, GROUND FLOOR, 21 WELLINGTON ROAD, PARKTOWN, JOHANNESBURG.
Where bids should be delivered:
Physical Address: The Chairperson, Transnet Freight Rail Acquisition Council, INYANDA HOUSE 1, GROUND FLOOR, 21 WELLINGTON ROAD, PARKTOWN, JOHANNESBURG.
A compulsory briefing session will be held on:
Date: 15th November 2019.
Venue: Church Street, Transnet School of Rail, Esselenpark, Thembisa 1626, in RMI Building Room 201.
A non-refundable tender fee of R250.00 is applicable per tender document.
- Payment is to be made to:
Account Name: Transnet Freight Rail.
Account: Standard Bank.
Account Number: 203158598.
Branch code: 004805.
- The deposit slip must reflect the RFP number and the Company Name.
- Receipt/s to be submitted when collecting the RFP document.
- For collection, RFP documents will only be available from Friday, 8th November 2019 and must be collected before 15h00 on Thursday, 21th November 2019.
(NB: No tenders will be issued after this deadline).
- If Bidders intend to download the RFP from the National Treasury eTender Publication Portal at www.etenders.gov.za, free of charge they are required to send their contact details to the following address: [email protected] and [email protected] by Thursday, 21st November 2019 at 15h00. This is to ensure that any required communication (e.g. addenda to the RFP) in relation to this RFP reaches those intending to respond.
- Transnet will not be held liable if Bidders do not respond by this date and do not receive the latest information regarding this RFP as a result thereof.
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO B-BBEE COMPANIES IN TERMS OF TRANSNET’S BBBEE POLICY.
Additional Special Conditions:
In terms of paragraph 3 of the NATIONAL TREASURY SCM INSTRUCTION NO 4 OF 2016/2017, which became effective on 1 May 2016,
Transnet must ensure that:
Suppliers of Transnet are registered on the Central Supplier Database [CSD] before any procurement related activities commences;
The CSD can be used as the single list of prospective suppliers for Transnet
Furthermore, according to paragraph 5.6
Transnet may only award bids to suppliers after verifying that the supplier is registered as prospective suppliers on the National Treasury Central Supplier Database.
Transnet Freight Rail urges Clients & Suppliers to report fraud/corruption at
Transnet Tip Off Hotline: 0800 003 056
Email: [email protected] : Fax Number: 0800 007 788: Freepost DN 298, Umhlanga Rocks, 4320