For the Replacement of Switchgear in the Admin Building at Sentrarand.
Bid Number: RFQ SIM 19017 CIDB.
Bid Description: FOR THE REPLACEMENT OF SWITCHGEAR IN THE ADMIN BUILDING AT SENTRARAND.
Name of Institution: Transnet Freight Rail.
Place where goods, works or services are required: Sentrarand.
Date Published: 07 October 2019.
Closing Date / Time: 24 October 2019,10:00am.
Contact Person: Serole Boloko.
Email: [email protected]
Telephone number: 011 584 1176.
FAX Number: N/A
Where bid documents can be obtained:
Physical Address: At the Reception, Tender Advice Centre, Inyanda House 1, Ground Floor, 21 Wellington Road, Parktown, JOHANNESBURG, 2001.
Where bids should be delivered:
Physical Address: The Chairperson, Transnet Freight Rail Acquisition Council, Inyanda House 1, 21 Wellington Rd, Parktown, JOHANNESBURG, 2001.
A compulsory briefing session will be held on:
Date: 15th October 2019.
Venue: 15th October 2019 at 09:00am at Transnet Freight Rail, 1 Du Rand Road, Sentrarand, Johannesburg. The coordinates are as follows 26°05'36.1"S 28°27'49.2"E, on the 15th October 2019 at 09h00.
A non-refundable tender fee of R250.00 is applicable per tender document.
- Payment is to be made to:
Account Name: Transnet Freight Rail.
Account: Standard Bank.
Account Number: 203158598.
Branch code: 004805.
- The deposit slip must reflect RFQ: SIM 19017 CIDB and the Company Name.
- Receipt/s to be submitted when collecting the RFQ document.
- For collection, RFQ documents will only be available from Monday, 07 October 2019 and must be collected before 15h00 on Monday, 14 October 2019. (NB: No tenders will be issued after this deadline).
- If Bidders intend to download the RFQ from the National Treasury eTender Publication Portal at www.etenders.gov.za, free of charge they are required to send their contact details to the following address: [email protected] or [email protected] by Monday, 14 October 2019 at 15h00. This is to ensure that any required communication (e.g. addenda to the RFQ) in relation to this RFQ reaches those intending to respond.
Transnet will not be held liable if Bidders do not respond by this date and do not receive the latest information regarding this Bid as a result thereof.
Additional Special Conditions
In terms of paragraph 3 of the NATIONAL TREASURY SCM INSTRUCTION NO 4 OF 2016/2017, which became effective on 1 May 2016,
Transnet must ensure that:
Suppliers of Transnet are registered on the Central Supplier Database [CSD] before any procurement related activities commences;
The CSD can be used as the single list of prospective suppliers for Transnet
Furthermore, according to paragraph 5.6
Transnet may only award bids to suppliers after verifying that the supplier is registered as prospective suppliers on the National Treasury Central Supplier Database.
Transnet Freight Rail urges Clients & Suppliers to report fraud/corruption at
Transnet Tip Off Hotline: 0800 003 056
Email: [email protected] : Fax Number: 0800 007 788: Freepost DN 298, Umhlanga Rocks, 4320