Nquthu Water Supply Scheme – Vants Drift Water Purification Plant Electrical Upgrades
T2021-07: NQUTHU WATER SUPPLY SCHEME – VANTS DRIFT WATER PURIFICATION PLANT ELECTRICAL UPGRADES
The uMzinyathi District Municipality hereby invites suitable, qualified and professional service providers for the above mentioned tender.
The Established Contractor shall be registered in CIDB contractor grading designation 5EP or higher.
A compulsory briefing session and site visit will be held on Tuesday, 11 August 2020 at 14H00, at Nquthu Water works. Failure to attend the compulsory briefing meeting will result in the tenderer’s bid being rejected or disqualified. Tenderers wishing to attend the clarification meeting are to strictly adhere to the following procedure which have been put in place in response to the current COVID-19 pandemic:
- Documents can be procured at a non-refundable deposit of R 500.00 via EFT from Monday, 03 August 2020 to Thursday, 06 August 2020 no later than 16H00 into the following Umzinyathi DM account:
Bank: First national bank
Account number: 62358106279
Branch code: 250-655
Account name: uMzinyathi District Municipality
- Tenderers must use the tender number and the Company name as the reference and forward proof of payment to; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected] ‘’No cash will be accepted’’.
- Documents to be collected at the clarification meeting only and will be issued upon presentation of a
valid proof of payment which will be crossed checked against the list of cleared payments.
- Attendance at the clarification meeting will be limited to 1 person per company, numbers will be limited to a maximum 50 attendees per meeting, and response in excess of this limit will necessitate more than one clarification meeting to be held.
- Attendees will be screened, must wear a mask, and are to adhere to strict social distancing measures.
Locally produced or manufactured goods, meeting the stipulated minimum thresholds for local production and content for all Designated Sectors in the Declaration Certificate (MBD6.2) will be considered.
The completed tender documents complying with all conditions of the tender must be enclosed in a sealed envelope and clearly marked: T2021-07: NQUTHU WATER SUPPLY SCHEME – VANTS DRIFT WATER PURIFICATION PLANT ELECTRICAL UPGRADES must be deposited in the official tender box located at the reception area, Princess Magogo Building, 39 Victoria Street, Dundee 3000, no later than closing date 18 August 2020, Tuesday, at 12H00 which will be followed by an opening. Late bids or bids received by way of post, facsimile or e-mail will, under no circumstances be considered.
Tenders will be evaluated on the Functionality Criteria as specified in the tender documents and thereafter bidders who score a minimum required number of points will be further evaluated using the 80/20 Preferential Point System as prescribed in the Council Supply Chain Management Policy. Only bidders who score 70 points on functionality criteria will qualify for the second stage of evaluation.
Umzinyathi District Municipality is not obliged to appoint the lowest bid and further reserves the right not to proceed herein and further reserves the right not to accept any bid or part thereof. Tenders submitted are to be valid for a period of 90 days from the closing date for submissions of tenders
Enquires can be directed to the Mr. Mr. Johan Fourie (Grindstone ) on Tel: 071 381 9342 during office hours. Supply Chain Management related enquiries can be directed to Mr. Sandile Ntuli Tel: 072 865 1490 or on the email provided above.