On Site Repair of Oil-immersed Traction and Distribution Transformers on an “as and When” Contract for a Period of 36 Months at Various Substations Country Wide for Eastern, Central and Western Region.
Bid Number: RFP: SIE18043/3CIDB
Bid Description: ON SITE REPAIR OF OIL-IMMERSED TRACTION AND DISTRIBUTION TRANSFORMERS ON AN “AS AND WHEN” CONTRACT FOR A PERIOD OF 36 MONTHS AT VARIOUS SUBSTATIONS COUNTRY WIDE FOR EASTERN, CENTRAL AND WESTERN REGION.
Name of Institution: Transnet Freight Rail
Place where Goods, Works or Services are required: Countrywide.
Compulsory briefing session: Compulsary briefing session will be held Ground Floor at Hostel Building Sentrarand , Kempton Park on 11 October 2019 at 10h00 am.
Date Published: 02 October 2019.
Closing Date / Time: 29 October 2019, 10h00
Contact Person: Delisiwe Mngomezulu
Email: Delisiwe [email protected]
Telephone number: 011 584-1129
Fax number: N/A
Where bid documents can be obtained:
The bid can be downloaded from this website. www.etenders.gov.za
Alternatively, for those Bidders that require a copy from Transnet rather than downloading from the website.The bid document can be collected at: AT THE RECEPTION, TENDER ADVICE CENTRE, INYANDA HOUSE 1, GROUND FLOOR, 21 WELLINGTON ROAD, PARKTOWN, JOHANNESBURG.
Where bids should be delivered:
The Chairperson, Transnet Freight Rail Acquisition Council, Inyanda House 1, 21 Wellington Rd, Parktown, JOHANNESBURG, 2001.
A non-refundable tender fee of R250.00 is applicable per tender document.
1. Payment is to be made to:
Account Name: Transnet Freight Rail.
Account: Standard Bank.
Account Number: 203158598.
Branch code: 004805.
2. The deposit slip must reflect the RFP number and the Company.
3. Receipt/s to be submitted when collecting the RFP document.
4. The RFP is available to all CIDB contractors with a contractor grading of 5EP or higher.
5. A minimum prequalification of B-BBEE Level 4 or better (1 being better) is applicable
6. For collection, RFP documents will only be available from Wednesday 02 October 2019 and must be collected before 15h00 on Thursday 10 October 2019 (NB: No tenders will be issued after this deadline).
7. If Bidders intend to download the RFP from the National Treasury eTender Publication Portal at www.etenders.gov.za free of charge, they are required to send their contact details to the following address: [email protected] or [email protected] by Thursday, 10 October 2019 at 15h00. This is to ensure that any required communication (e.g. addenda to the RFP) in relation to this RFP reaches those intending to respond.
Transnet will not be held liable if Bidders do not respond by this date and do not receive the latest information regarding this RFP as a result thereof.
Additional Special Conditions
In terms of paragraph 3 of the NATIONAL TREASURY SCM INSTRUCTION NO 4 OF 2016/2017, which became effective on 1 May 2016, Transnet must ensure that:
Suppliers of Transnet are registered on the Central Supplier Database [CSD] before any procurement related activities commence;
The CSD can be used as the single list of prospective suppliers for Transnet
Furthermore, according to paragraph 5.6, Transnet may only award bids to suppliers after verifying that the supplier is registered as prospective suppliers on the National Treasury Central Supplier Database.
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO B-BBEE COMPANIES IN TERMS OF TRANSNET’S B-BBEE POLICY.
Transnet Freight Rail urges Clients & Suppliers to report fraud/corruption at
Transnet Tip Off Hotline: 0800 003 056
Email: [email protected] : Fax Number: 0800 007 788: Freepost DN 298, Umhlanga Rocks, 4320