Provision of Specialised Security in the Form of Information Gathering, Conducting Effects Based Operations and Investigations to Safeguard Transnet Freight Rail Infrastructure and Assets for a Period of Three Years (36 Months).
Bid Number: RFP HOAC HO 32196.
Bid Description: PROVISION OF SPECIALISED SECURITY IN THE FORM OF INFORMATION GATHERING, CONDUCTING EFFECTS BASED OPERATIONS AND INVESTIGATIONS TO SAFEGUARD TRANSNET FREIGHT RAIL INFRASTRUCTURE AND ASSETS FOR A PERIOD OF THREE YEARS (36 MONTHS).
Name of Institution: Transnet Freight Rail.
Place where goods, works or services are required: Nationally.
Date Published: 14 February 2020.
Closing Date / Time: 5 March 2020 @ 10H00am.
Contact Person: Ruth Springbok.
Email: [email protected]
Telephone number: 011 584-0703.
FAX Number: N/A
Where bid documents can be obtained:
Physical Address: AT THE RECEPTION, TENDER ADVICE CENTRE, INYANDA HOUSE 1, GROUND FLOOR, 21 WELLINGTON ROAD, PARKTOWN, JOHANNESBURG.
Where bids should be delivered:
Physical Address: The Chairperson, Transnet Freight Rail Acquisition Council, Inyanda House 1, 21 Wellington Rd, Parktown, JOHANNESBURG, 2001.
A compulsory briefing session will be held on:
Date: 21 February 2020.
Time: 10:00 am.
Venue: Room 201, Church Street, Railwayman’s Inn, Transnet School of Rail, Esselen Park.
A non-refundable tender fee of R250.00 is applicable per tender document.
- Payment is to be made to:
Account Name: Transnet Freight Rail.
Account: Standard Bank.
Account Number: 203158598.
Branch code: 004805.
- The deposit slip must reflect the RFP number and the Company Name.
- Receipt/s to be submitted when collecting the RFP document.
- For collection, RFP documents will only be available from Friday 14 February 2020 and must be collected before 10h00 on Friday, 21 February 2020 (NB: No tenders will be issued after this deadline).
- If Bidders intend to download the RFP from the National Treasury eTender Publication Portal at www.etenders.gov.za, free of charge they are required to send their contact details to the following address: [email protected] or [email protected] by Friday, 21 February 2020 at 10h00. This is to ensure that any required communication (e.g. addenda to the RFP) in relation to this RFP reaches those intending to respond.
Transnet will not be held liable if Bidders do not respond by this date and do not receive the latest information regarding this RFP as a result thereof.
Additional Special Conditions
In terms of paragraph 3 of the NATIONAL TREASURY SCM INSTRUCTION NO 4 OF 2016/2017, which became effective on 1 May 2016,
Transnet must ensure that:
Suppliers of Transnet are registered on the Central Supplier Database [CSD] before any procurement related activities commences;
The CSD can be used as the single list of prospective suppliers for Transnet
Furthermore, according to paragraph 5.6
Transnet may only award bids to suppliers after verifying that the supplier is registered as prospective suppliers on the National Treasury Central Supplier Database.
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO BBBEE COMPANIES IN TERMS OF TRANSNET’S BBBEE POLICY.
Transnet Freight Rail urges Clients & Suppliers to report fraud/corruption at
Transnet Tip Off Hotline: 0800 003 056
Email: [email protected] : Fax Number: 0800 007 788: Freepost DN 298, Umhlanga Rocks, 4320