Training on Mental Illness / Wellbeing Management in the Workplace
You will need an account login to create a Business Listing on the site or to add your details to show your interest in joining a Joint Venture or working as subcontractor for this tender
Please supply your email address to Register an account:
TERMS OF REFERENCE:
APPOINTMENT OF A SERVICE PROVIDER TO PROVIDE TRAINING ON MENTAL ILLNESS / WELLBEING MANAGEMENT IN THE WORKPLACE
The present document sets out the Terms of Reference (TOR) for the appointment of a service provider to provide training on Mental Illness / wellbeing management in the workplace.
Two key factors that ultimately determine the success and performance of any organization are the wellbeing of its employees and the quality of their working relationships. As 74% of employees suffering from mental illness, experience one or more Cognitive symptoms e.g. difficulty to concentrate, difficulty in multi-tasking and decision making, which could easily alienate collegial ties, this necessitates the empowerment of managers on how to keep demands and collegial relationships afloat despite strain caused by mental illness’ impacting mental wellbeing present in the workplace. Equally there is a need to maintain a balance between the wellbeing of the affected employee , collegial support and the work demands in terms of deliverables..
Mental illness / wellbeing in the workplace leads to decreased productivity, increased sick-related absenteeism, poor work quality, wasted materials and even compromised workplace safety. Despite the significant financial loss to employers and broad economy, many mental disorders fly below the radar in the workplace. A more proactive approach for managing mental illness / wellbeing in the workplace is a strategic imperative for South African employers.
Most employers tend to completely underestimate the financial impact of mental illness / wellbeing on their bottom-line. Increasing levels of mental illness increases disability costs and demand more medical scheme spend. There is also a strong correlation between mental health disorders and substance abuse.” (THE SOUTH AFRICAN DEPRESSION AND ANXIETY GROUP)
Organizations can achieve better results and become more productive as a business contributor when managers understand and implement a proactive approach for managing mental illness in the workplace. It is essential to see an increasing focus on proactively addressing the mental and emotional health of employees in the workplace, since it is one of the leading causes of disability at work in 2020.
Like any chronic condition, mental illness can equally be managed successfully through a formal disease management process.
Without a manager’s understanding, employees suffering from mental illness easily become non-compliant to treatment regimes.
This program aims to equip managers to identify the affected employee , to counter stigmatization towards enabling the affected employee, to impress the need and value of treatment programs, whilst still being able to keep relationships at work intact and thereby taking the HSRC to the next level of research and management support excellence.
Objective of the Assignment
The primary objective of the program is therefore to enable managers to acquire appropriate management skills necessary to provide guidance and empowering methods in their daily spheres of operation when dealing with mental illness/ wellbeing, going beyond the management of people and work to lead and manage those who report to them, bringing out the best in their staff, assisting and supporting them and enhancing the quality of their outputs. The secondary objective is to enable managers to lead across the organization, promoting excellence both through their own example and through seeking the greater good of the HSRC in all they do.
Nature of the Assignment
The training will be done virtually. We require costing at per head attendance.
The appointed service provider is expected to:
• Demonstrate, through a detailed proposal outlining a clear methodology that has the necessary skills, competencies, and experience to undertake this assignment.
• Provide evidence (including contactable references) of previous Managing Mental wellbeing in the workplace trainings.
• Demonstrate that it has an intimate understanding of the research environment and be willing to tailor-make and customize a training program to suit the HSRC needs.
• Provide a report on the workshop a week after it has taken place.
• Provide certificate of attendance/ participation.
• The facilitator must have a relevant qualification, Master’s degree will be an advantage
• The facilitator must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in facilitating or offering Managing Mental illness / wellbeing in the workplace training workshops;
• The facilitator must be registered with the HPCSA/BHF and provide evidence of such;
• The service provider must provide recent and traceable references for work on Managing Mental wellbeing in the workplace training;
• The service provider must be accredited with any of the SETA’s
• The service provider should avail themselves to do a 10-minute virtual presentation on a day and date agreed, to enable evaluation.
Closing date for the proposals is 8th March 2021 before 11:00am.
Proposals must be emailed together with the attached completed SBD forms and
B-BBEE certificate/Affidavit to Ms Chunyiswa Mantambo at email@example.com
NB: See full Terms of Reference attached with the SBD forms.
The following tenders are possibly related to this tender due to tenders coming from different sources.
- Appointment of a Panel of Town Planning Consulting to Undertake Various Town Planning Related Projects for Nkangala District Municipality for Three (3) Years
- Appointment of the Panel of Consulting Engineering Firms for the Implementation of Infrastructure Investment Projects for Nkangala District Municipality, as and when Required for Financial Years 2021/22, 2022/23 and 2023/24
- Appointment of a Panel of Specialised Service Providers to Undertake Various Forensic Investigations for Nkangala District Municipality for Three (03) Years
- Supply, Install Surveillance Cameras at Dr Js Moroka Fire Station and Kwamhlanga Fire Station
- Expression of Interest for the Catalytic Commercialisation of Black Agro-enterprises
- Appointment of a Service Provider for the Procurement of Machinery, Equipment & Water Materials for Dihlabeng Local Municipality
- Appointment of a Service Provider to Supply & Deliver of Multi-functioning Wifi Units, Grass Cutting Machines, Office Furniture and Modlocks
- Servicing and Maintenance of Ups and Stand-by Generators for Nkangala District Municipality Buildings for the Period of 36 Months as and when Required (re-advert)
- Servicing and Maintanance of Ups and Stand-by Generators for Nkangala District Municipality Buildings for the Period of 36 Months as and when Required (re-advert)
- Supply of Firearms, Ammunition and Safes
- Designing, Compilation and Delivery of Investment Directory and Tourism Brochure
- Develop Ward Profiles and Review Public Participation Strategy
- Anti-fraud Corruption Hotline for 12 Months
- Proposals Are Hereby Invited from Suitably Qualified Service Providers for the Provision and Management of Onsite Sit-down and Take-away Staff Cafeteria Which Provides Meals and Refreshments for Ndm Staff and Visitors for the Period of 36 Months as and W
- Supply Registration and Delivery of Various Plant and Equipment for Thembisile Hni Local Municipality
- Appointment of a Specialised Service Providers to Undertake Various Forensic Investigations for Nkangala District Municipality for Three (03) Financial Years (2020-21, 2021/23)
- Appointment of a Panel of Service Providers for the Supply and Delivery of Branded Bottled Water for a Period of Three (3) Years
- A Panel of Service Providers for the Supply and Delivery of Soft Drinks Branded Bottled Water and Juice as and when Required for a Period of 36 Months
- Request for Supply and Delivery of Laptops
- Term of Reference for Expression of Interest for the Catalytic Commercialisation of Black Agro-enterprises
- Short Term Insurance Portfolio 2020-2023
- Appointment of a Professional Service Provider to Perform Actuarial Valuations on the Post Employment Benefits and Provision for Long Service Leave for a Period of Three (3) Years
- (re-advert) Appointment of a Service Provider for Rental of Indoor Digital Advertising for Nkangala Municipality
- (re-advert) Rendering of Cleaning Services for Nkangala District Offices/buildings for a Period of 36 Months
- Request for Proposals from Prospective Service Providers for Advertising Services for Nkangala District Municipality for a Period of Three (3) Years (as and when Required)
- Appointment of a Suitably Qualified Service Provider for the Servicing and Maintenance of Automatic Fire Spinklers, Smoke and Fire Detectors at Nkangala District Municipality Buildings for a Period of 36 Months
- Rendering of Cleaning Services for Nkangala District Offices/building for a Period of 36 Months
- Servicing and Maintenance of UPS and Standby Generators for Nkangala District Municipality Buildings for the Period of 36 months (as and when required)
- Rendering of Cleaning Services for Nkangala District Offices/buildings for a Period of 36 Months
- Servicing and Maintenance of UPS and Standby Generators for Nkangala District Municipality Buildings for the Period of 36 Months (as and when Required)
- Pre-employment Medicals
- Contract for Calibration of Truvello Machines
- Calibration of Mark X Machines
- Appointment of a Suitably Qualified Service Provider for the Servicing and Maintanance of Automatic Fire Sprinklers, Smoke and Fire Detectors at Nkangala District Municiplaity Building for a Period of 36 Months
- Appointment of a Suitably Qualified Service Provider for the Servicing and Maintenance of Automatic Fire Sprinklers, Smoke and Fire Detectors at Nkangala District Municipality Building for a Period of 36 Months
- Once-off Calibration of Mark X Machines
- Appointment of a Service Provider for the Development of a District Newsletter Bi-annually for a Period of Thirty Six (36) Months
- Appointment of a Service Provider for Rental of Indoor Advertising for Nkangala District Municipality for a Period of Three (36) Years
- Calibration of Mark X Machines
- Original Publication Date: 2019-07-05 RT6M-2019: Supply, Delivery and Offloading of Mathematics Learning Material, Consumables, Apparatus and Equipment to Schools for the Department of Basic Education for the Period 1 September 2019 to 31 August 2022
Joint Ventures, Consortia and Subcontracting:
Most large tenders are composed of tasks in a number of different fields, and it is not always possible for a single company to cater for all of them, and therefore Joint Ventures and Consortia are formed to then submit a tender together.
Government tenders are also requiring the subcontracting of a percentage of the tender work, and the trouble is then finding Subcontractors to comply with the tender requirements
To assist companies with finding tender partners and subcontractors, you can now submit your contact details and company information on this page, so other interested parties can contact you for purposes of forming Joint Ventures and subcontracting
You will need to supply your details on every tender you are interested in tendering for
NOTE: This is not a tender application form, it is meant to facilitate the meeting of partners to form a Joint Venture or Subcontractor relationship for this tender only
To submit your details for this tender, you will need to Register an account - see the Registration form on this page or go to My Account
If you already registered, please login at My Account