Transport, Install and Commission a Spare 5mva Transformer from Ogies to Broodsnyersplaas 3kv Dc Traction Substation.
Bid Number: RFQ: SIE 19019 CIDB
Bid Description: Description of the works: Transport, Install and commission a spare 5MVA transformer from Ogies to Broodsnyersyplaas 3kv DC traction substation
Name of Institution: Transnet Freight Rail
Place where Goods, Works or Services are required: Broodsnyersyplaas
Compulsory briefing session: Ogies Electrical Depot (Behind Ogies Police Station)
Date: 18 October 2019
Date Published: 09 October 2019
Collection Due Date: 17 October 2019
Closing Date / Time: Thursday, 24 October 2019; 10h00
Contact Person: Phumudzo Gadivhana
Email: [email protected]
Telephone number: 011 584-0765
Fax number: N/A
Where bid documents can be obtained:
The bid can be downloaded from this website. www.etenders.gov.za
Alternatively, for those Bidders that require a copy from Transnet rather than downloading from the website.The bid document can be collected at: At the Reception, Tender Advice Centre, Inyanda House 1, Ground Floor, 21 Wellington Road, Parktown, JOHANNESBURG, 2001.
Where bids should be delivered:
The Chairperson, Transnet Freight Rail Acquisition Council, Inyanda House 1, 21 Wellington Rd, Parktown, JOHANNESBURG, 2001.
A non-refundable tender fee of R250.00 is applicable per tender document.
1. Payment is to be made to:
Account Name: Transnet Freight Rail.
Account: Standard Bank.
Account Number: 203158598.
Branch code: 004805.
2. The deposit slip must reflect RFQ: SIE 19019 CIDB and the Company Name.
3. Receipt/s to be submitted when collecting the RFQ document.
4. For collection, RFQ documents will only be available from Wednesday, 09 October 2019 and must be collected before 15h00 on Thursday, 17 October 2019. (NB: No tenders will be issued after this deadline).
5. If Bidders intend to download the RFQ from the National Treasury eTender Publication Portal at www.etenders.gov.za, free of charge they are required to send their contact details to the following address: [email protected] or [email protected] by Thursday, 17 October 2019 at 15h00. This is to ensure that any required communication (e.g. addenda to the RFQ) in relation to this RFQ reaches those intending to respond.
6. CIDB Grading: 2EP or Higher
Transnet will not be held liable if Bidders do not respond by this date and do not receive the latest information regarding this Bid as a result thereof.
Additional Special Conditions
In terms of paragraph 3 of the NATIONAL TREASURY SCM INSTRUCTION NO 4 OF 2016/2017, which became effective on 1 May 2016,
Transnet must ensure that:
Suppliers of Transnet are registered on the Central Supplier Database [CSD] before any procurement related activities commences;
The CSD can be used as the single list of prospective suppliers for Transnet
Furthermore, according to paragraph 5.6
Transnet may only award bids to suppliers after verifying that the supplier is registered as prospective suppliers on the National Treasury Central Supplier Database.
Transnet Freight Rail urges Clients & Suppliers to report fraud/corruption at
Transnet Tip Off Hotline: 0800 003 056
Email: [email protected] : Fax Number: 0800 007 788: Freepost DN 298, Umhlanga Rocks, 4320